Use i2p, and then it is possible to view your traffic, although hemorrhoids and max 10 minutes in a row. It is impossible and hardly necessary for an ordinary user to completely protect himself from surveillance. If we are talking about basic protection, then a regular vpn or proxy with a torch will be enough, and also do not visit questionable sites and forget about torrents.
Here I would recommend either using a secure browser, or installing ad blockers and trackers. The simplest thing a regular user needs to do is install Adblock to block ads. In addition, you need to find a plug-in for your browser that allows you to disable trackers, ads, etc. Today, these functions are taken over by entire systems, for example, a browser, and they do it automatically. Nowadays, a VPN will not hurt either. That's all. We are not as dangerous as we seem.
We can be followed, but the question is in the scale, in the benefits and harms of this surveillance. Of course, our behavior is being watched. If you don't want to get fired at all, this is one story, if we are talking about some reasonable things for ordinary people, then blockers are quite enough.
It is impossible to predict such situations when vulnerabilities are found in the service, and this allows you to turn on webcams on someone else's computer. We want to know that video communication, in general, Internet communications are safe and can protect us from external intrusion, information leakage. But, using the same service, one must remember that, perhaps, something will happen. You cannot completely protect yourself, there is always some risk. This is the same as crossing the road. You can never be one hundred percent sure. All that remains is to regularly change passwords, check if there is a data leak: do regular household hygiene.
The most effective is not to use the Internet.
Of the less radical:
set proxy server.
do not register ANYWHERE with your real data
NEVER use SIM cards in your name and passport.
Never enter your phone number anywhere.
All basic services can be used in this way, if you can't - don't use it.
If you are a law-abiding citizen, you have nothing to fear. Moreover, nowadays the "ad cutter" is installed in browsers by default. Just install a good antivirus, store secret data (passwords, logins, projects, work files) on an external medium, and do not go to dubious sites. And of course, do not leave personal information on public resources. For the most part, most of the tracking from various companies leads to one thing - to identify your preferences and offer appropriate services / products.
If you are a law-abiding citizen, you have nothing to fear. Moreover, nowadays the "ad cutter" is installed in browsers by default. Just install a good antivirus, store secret data (passwords, logins, projects, work files) on an external medium, and do not go to dubious sites. And of course, do not leave personal information on public resources.
For the most part, most of the tracking from various companies leads to one thing - to identify your preferences and offer appropriate services / products. Good or bad - everyone decides for himself. I can also advise when surfing to enable the mode when the browser does not save history, cookies, cache, and clear all this on exit (can be configured automatically).
In fact, there is no way to secure it, if you protect it from friends, then you definitely will not protect it from the special services, everything that gets on the Internet remains there. So don't be frank there.
If you want complete safety, then you need to turn off the Internet and leave to live in the wilderness, eat what you grow yourself in the garden. But you can significantly secure your online presence using anonymous proxy servers https://proxyelite.info/
Buy a left handset and a left SIM card on the Savelovsky market. And download the Tor browser from the official website to your home computer. Then just use this.
The very concept of security does not exist as long as there is a danger. Nobody can guarantee you that you will remain safe. Especially on the Internet. Unless you can log on to the Internet as another user. Well, I assure you that won't help either. Data is data, you just need to keep the family shut. And no one will hack you. For this, the manners of the Internet were invented.
It has become unrealistic to protect yourself from information leakage (surveillance), as well as computer time leakage (your computer may have Trojans using its resources for cryptocurrency mining by the hacker who wrote them (there are already a lot of them) while you pay for electricity thinking that the hard drive is defragmented) has become unrealistic at the moment when the operating system (*) mutated into the "operational field of creative freedom", it became unrealistic to track already in XP what was going on in the process manager when entering the Internet, and if only the "assistants" disposed of the money from the card, then you have to be a crazy millionaire careless and then quickly go broke (today already 16 gigabytes of memory is not enough ...)
solutions (not for anonymity, but for the "anti-zoo" of your "internet-book") I see the following:
1) Arcos pocket LCD HDD (20GB) portable player (like a smartphone) with an Internet (but without Windows) although you may not need to take codecs for sure
2) virtual box emulating Windows and a browser is under linux
3) two computers, one server with innocent doy, distributing the Internet to the second computer, monitoring what threads are there (though I'm not a system administrator, and my knowledge here is very limited), so I hope to protect a computer with MQL MT4 trading robots from hacking, neither Windows nor lubuntu remain the same for a long time even if you do not restart for weeks them, obviously there the third ear grows or whatever happens there, the server should pass the "monophonic full duplex" to such a computer by connecting to the server of the broker-company ("market provider") and nothing else, looking at the network streams as a digital biliberds channeled and unsuitable for him in any way, so as not to hack the computer through a sound blaster (before it was at least :-)), roughly speaking, leaving a channel for exchanging bitmaps of prices and orders, which, even if you change them, you won't make it an executable file of the operating system itself on which is MT4 with robots ... because there is no hope for a firewall located (after loading) on a hardware trading platform connected to the network limit by a wire
(*) (as it was MS-DOS, and it's a pity that there was an MP3 MP4 DIVx player (no worse than a clean, working Windows by the way in terms of performance at all) but there was no browser like)
You should start with the fact that in order to minimize the trace of your real data you leave, use special emails that are not related to your real data, virtual mobile numbers for registration and receiving SMS, VPN services. All of this should become the norm for working on the Internet.
You can use a VPN, stick the camera on your laptop and try to write as little personal information about yourself on the network as possible. No addresses, phone numbers, do not post photos.
connected, you can buy a proxy and that is not a guarantee. As soon as the provider has allocated you a gateway from the ip on the provider's side, a log file begins to be kept on the programs used and sent packets
Probably not to use the Internet at all! I'm serious about it. When we search the Internet for any information, we are 100% followed. Therefore, apparently there is no way to protect yourself.
Download the TOP browser and set it as the main one. In the settings, you must deny some application permissions (read which application and what it has access to, deny access). Monitors something ABSOLUTELY EVERY APPLICATION. Malicious, Votsap is the brainchild of Facebook, they no longer hide the fact that they collect information about everyone. Telegrams are more reliable than Votsap. Have you noticed as soon as you ask for some information you are interested in, then after, you are bombarded with advertising about this topic? Does this not prove surveillance? But the most important thing is that scammers of all stripes use your information, create, most importantly, remember a strong password to enter your account and delete it regularly; the history of search and views after using the Internet, read; -what synchronization is and where after the information is stored, it can also be disabled. But all the same, in order to completely exclude surveillance, it is better not to use the Internet.
It is unclear who chose the LO and why. There the answer is a little understanding student, because a lot is not described there.
It is not possible for an ordinary person to protect himself from surveillance on the network more or less completely. Because in the modern world, computers are everywhere. And if something passes through the computer, then it is someone (something) that sees.
The question arises - to protect yourself from being followed by someone? Local ISP? On the federal? On the world? Spammers? Intelligence? A neighbor? Parents?
In short, the question is huge and deep.
By the way, if on a PC the same Google Chrome, for example, does not require creating an account (although this does not give you anything), then on smartphones almost can't do without creating an account. And an account is a daddy, which incl. and you yourself regularly add information about yourself and your actions, making it easier for someone else's work)))
And those who use Windows 10 generally voluntarily surrender themselves into the hands of spies. And here the question of security is no longer in principle.
No way. To be elusive Joe, whom no one can catch for one reason - it is inappropriate for anyone.
It is not deleted there when and not anything, firstly it is energetically expensive to reset every bit, they reset the address at which it was stored bit, the search engine will always find it if the need crushes.
Secondly, all the bits are cache, money has flowed in China for several centuries, in England, from the beginning of all time until the advent of the pound, there was cache everywhere.
Information is money, what is the normal way to delete money?
Remember that there is only one 100% way to avoid being tracked on the internet, and that is not to use it. Any other means will only make you less likely to be tracked.
If someone needs to follow you (and this is unnecessary for anyone a priori, if you have not broken the law), then you can track you down without much effort. The only way to avoid being followed is to go to the forest and live there. Away from people and technology.
From what kind of surveillance? if we are talking about advertising then an ad blocker. If it is from people, just do not leave your real data in social networks. And no one will hide from Comrade Major)
No way. Do not do that for what you will be ashamed later and will have to answer, and do not put the gadget with you in the bathroom and toilet. Live honestly, think before you say something, because these words can offend someone, do not judge others, and love each other.
It is very difficult to completely protect yourself from surveillance: in order to receive even the minimum of services necessary to maintain life and movement, citizens quite often have to transfer their passport data, address, contact phone number. All this data can theoretically be used for surveillance. And the state is unlikely to be able to outplay here.
But it is still possible to minimize the possibility of surveillance, but, of course, you will have to sacrifice a certain degree of comfort.
To do this, adhere to the following rules:
- Remove from all social networks or minimize information about yourself. But the first is better. The bulk of information, which then goes for processing to corporations and states, is stored in social networks. And their information processing algorithms are constantly being improved. Remember, even by uploading a photo from your birthday, you transfer data about you, your friends and relatives to the social network. The system sees how you spend your time (this information is useful for companies specializing in leisure), how you change over time (this data is useful for private clinics and insurance companies), what you eat, what you drink.
How to delete from Facebook is written here, from "Vkontakte" - here, from Instagram - here.
- To keep in touch with friends and colleagues, create new accounts. To do this, purchase a new sim card and register an additional email. Keep these accounts empty. Friends and colleagues already know where you are from and what your hobbies are. If not, invite them to a cafe and tell them personally. By the way, there will be a great occasion to meet.
- Keep track of the permissions you grant to applications when they are installed on your smartphone. Sometimes, installing the extremely utilitarian "flashlight" application, the system asks for access to your address book, travel data and photo album. Think, why did the flashlight need this data? Remove all permissions or delete this application altogether and look for a safer one.
- When registering services or goods, do not fill out any questionnaires for obtaining discount cards and loyalty cards. Most likely, in the agreement on the registration of the card there will be a clause on the transfer of your data to third parties "for advertising" or "marketing" purposes. This means that your data will be resold outside. Buyers of data combine different arrays of information and thus receive a complete portrait of you, the history of your movements, taste preferences, all your contacts.
- Do not use public Wi-Fi. Especially in the Moscow metro. The local operator is pursuing a rather aggressive policy, transferring all data not only to the government to “improve traffic flows”, but also to interested companies to improve the targeting of advertising campaigns. By the way, I write a lot about this in my Telegram channel.
- Install yourself one of the VPN services and only go online through it. This will encrypt your history for the telecom operator and he will not see (and therefore will not tell anyone) which pages you visited.
It's better to install paid services. Free VPNs can make money by reselling your data.
- Pay only in cash. When paying with cards, the bank gets access to data about your consumer preferences and movements. He can use this information in his analytics, resell it to third parties.
- Install an ad blocker , which blocks cookies and other data about your Internet surfing. For example, AdBlock or Adguard.
To protect yourself as much as possible from online surveillance, use various ways to increase your anonymity. First, use VPN services when you're on the internet. Their list is here https://otzyvmarketing.ru/category/vpn-servisy/. Secondly, disable all tracking in your browser - geographic, etc. Permanently delete cookies and everything that the browser writes.
Nickname on social networks and forums
In social networks and on forums, you need to appear under a pseudonym. Come up with a full name, if possible, change your gender, day and year of birth, profession, hobby, etc. And on all sites, speak on behalf of a pseudonym.
Gradually, you will get used to posing as another person. So no one will ever find you on the Internet and will not find your place of residence. By the way, it will not be superfluous to change your country of residence.
For example, if you live in Russia, you can say that you live in Belarus or Kazakhstan.
Above, I have already advised to use VPN services. I myself use the service https://hidemy.name/. Please note that they are all paid. I pay 470 rubles once a month. But you can save money if you buy access for a year.
VPN hides your IP address. I myself live in the West of Russia, and therefore I log in under the Lithuanian IP-address. It's better to choose a closer server so that there is less ping.
To be honest, in some cases a VPN can slow down your internet speed. So it is better to use a VPN not always, but only during those operations during which you want to remain anonymous.
In the usual case, when you need to watch a movie, it is better to disconnect.
Please note that VPN cannot hide all of your data. Browser and cookies can tell a lot about you, so for complete anonymity it is better to install some specialized browser at all.
Communication with loved ones
You understand that if you communicate on the Internet with relatives, friends or colleagues, then you can be easily identified by your correspondence? So it's better to use a regular phone and vibe for communication. So to speak, to share life on the Internet and communication with friends.
I really hope that my answer will help you! Because I really wanted to provide you with full support. Of course, I am not a robot and I could have forgotten something, because the format does not allow me to turn around. Anyway, I wish you all the best! I would be glad if you leave a comment with additions or remarks - I will try to answer!
You can only be as secure as possible without using the Internet at all.
But since this is practically unrealistic in modern reality, you can try the following:
browse the web through the Tor browser or at least through the private / incognito tabs of other browsers
use VPNs and proxy servers to encrypt your traffic
do not use social networks and do not create accounts in search engines
constantly clear browser and cookie history